Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Hike #4 to the Hot Pots
Well, we left the house at 5:40 Monday evening and headed up to Diamond Fork (about 25 min. away) to hike to the hot pots with the kids. It was about a 3-3 1/2 mile hike round trip. The boys did great. Gibson sang and chattered, Beck rode in the jogger stroller and Hoggan and Marley threw rocks into the river along the way. This was the first trip I've ever made to the hot pots during daylight hours. It is a very beautiful hike. As per every trip I have ever made to the hot pots, there were nude bathers. Luckily, they kept mostly out of site and left soon after we arrived. Otherwise, we had the place to ourselves. The water was great. There were many different little pools at both the lower and upper set of hot pots and any temperature you could want, from very hot to very cold. Even Gibby eventually found an area that he enjoyed. Marley and Hoggan both went into the cold waterfall at the upper pots and played in the small caves behind the cascade of water. The boys didn't enjoy the hike back nearly as well. It was a moonless night (until we made it down), so our headlamps were the only light. That freaked them out a little bit. Gibson scared me to death during our hike down. I heard a snort noise I thought might be a wild animal and decided to keep it to myself until I was sure. Then I realized that Gibson was asleep and snoring. We had to sing most of our way down to comfort the boys. We arrived home just a few minutes before midnight. A most wonderful hike.








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We've been meaning to do this. I had heard it was closed off. Good to know it's not. If only we could avoid the nudies! They should have nude days seriously!
Post a Comment